Without rules and laws and bylaws, we wouldn’t function in a sane society. Same holds true for all sports. If there were no rules and sports were run as an anarchy, the world would go insane. We’re taught to play by the rules. But what if those rules are ridiculous? Do we still follow them?
If you’re a good sport, you would follow these 20 weird rules, no matter how ridiculous they are!
- Female wrestlers can’t wear underwire bras. Also, all wrestlers must have handkerchief handy.
- Back in the olden days of basketball, people could air dribble. Instead of regular dribbling (bouncing the ball on the ground), players would bat the ball up in the air, making it look like the player was juggling only one ball.
- In race-walking, you’re supposed to keep one foot on the ground at all times. But it’s commonly broken because, seriously, who would want to watch feet all day?
- You can’t replace soccer goalies in a shootout, unless the poor goalie is injured.
- If you injure yourself rounding the bases after a home run, good luck. One collegiate softball player tore her ACL while rounding the bases, and according to the rulebook she couldn’t receive help from her teammates to finish her home run trot. In the greatest example of sportsmanship, the other team’s players helped her touch all the bases.
- Golfers have to sign their scorecards, or else they’re disqualified.
- If you take your shirt off during a foot race, you’re disqualified.
- In show jumping, horses cannot have cuts on their legs. According to popular belief, this helps the horse jump higher.
- Leave the goodies alone when you’re playing water polo. Any touching or grabbing of the groin is grounds for removal. Also, you can’t splash water in the opponent’s face, which eliminates my strategy.
- If a pitched baseball is lodged into the umpire’s mask, all runners advance one base.
Read more: https://www.thefactsite.com/2017/07/weirdest-rules-in-sports.html