Emma Watson is no doubt a household name at this point – and has been ever since starring as Hermione Granger in the popular Harry Potter series.
Everyone seems to love this wholesome actress who isn’t afraid to speak her mind and stand up for what she believes in.
Here we satisfy your Emma curiosity with 30 of the most interesting facts about this famous actress!
- Even though everyone knows Emma Watson is British, she was actually born in Paris, France, and can speak a little French!
- Emma was born on April 15th, 1990. Her full name is Emma Charlotte Duerre Watson.
- Emma Watson is of British and Turkish descent, and while her parents are both lawyers, they both separated early on in her childhood.
- Because of this, Emma has three step-brothers and two step-sisters.
- Growing up, she wanted to be an actress from the age of only 6! Luckily, she was able to train at the Oxford branch of Stagecoach Theatre Arts part-time as a kid.
- At her regular school, she was on the dance team as well as the field hockey team.
- Her first ever acting role was being cast as Hermione Granger in the popular Harry Potter series. Before that, she had never acted professionally.
- Her teachers convinced her to audition for the role, but she actually had to audition seven times before being cast at last as Hermione.
- During the filming of Harry Potter, Emma and the other young actors had up to five hours of tutoring a day, where she received straight A’s.
- Emma Watson made it to the cover of Teen Vogue at age 15 – at the time, she was the youngest person ever to make it to the cover.
- As she got older, Emma attended Brown University in 2009. She chose an American university over an English one because she says American universities allow more freedom to students to study whatever they want.
- While going to this Ivy League university, she graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in English literature in 2014.
- Aside from having a college degree, Emma is also a certified yoga and meditation instructor.
- Emma has even gone off to the Canadian Rockies to attend a silent meditation retreat.
- On a regular basis, Emma keeps up with her journaling which is one of her favorite things. She has over 30 journals on everything from yoga, dreams, acting, people she’s met, and advice she’s received.
- Emma’s favorite book from the Harry Potter series is Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
- Even though she’s famous for playing redhead Hermione Granger, he natural hair color is blonde.
- Emma’s favorite movie is Notting Hill, while her favorite television show is Friends.
- If you find Emma at a bar, you may see her enjoying her favorite drink – a gin and tonic!
- During the 2014 Vanity Fair Oscars party, Emma accidentally fell asleep in her hotel room and missed the after-show party. Instead, she just ate pizza!
- Emma has made it into the Guinness Book of World Records as the Highest Grossing Actress of the Decade. Her films have grossed over 5.4 billion dollars worldwide!
- Her work in the Harry Potter series has earned her enough money – over $12 million – that she admits that she never has to work for money again.
- When Emma was awarded a 2014 Britannia Award for British Artist of the Year, she dedicated the award to her pet hamster, Millie, who died while Emma was filming Philosopher’s Stone.
- In 2016, Emma Instagrammed herself planting several copies of Maya Angelou’s Mom & Me & Mom around the London Underground.
- If Emma could have the day off from being a celebrity, she says she would go into a mosh pit at a rock concert.
- Emma Watson’s net world is $70 million – to put that into perspective, Kylie Jenner’s net worth is significantly less at $20 million.
- One of Emma’s good friends is Sophie Sumner, who was a winner of America’s Next Top Model. They even used to be roommates!
- One filming was done for Order of the Phoenix, Emma considered quitting her role because life on set was so challenging.
- Emma Watson admits to having a huge crush on Tom Felton during filming of Harry Potter because he was a little older and she saw him as a bad boy.
- Harry Potter wasn’t the only challenge of Emma’s filming career – while on set of filming Noah, Emma ended up sick and dehydrated because the director banned plastic water bottles on set. Instead of sympathy, the director asked her to use her sickness for dramatic effect.
Read more: https://www.thefactsite.com/emma-watson-facts/