Alcohol facts: Interesting facts about alcohol. Alcohol is one of the most popular drugs not only in adults but also among the young. Since ages alcohol is considered as a perfect drink to celebrate, relax and socialize. But the growing popularity of alcohol among the teens and the adults is alarming. Alcohol not only affects the brain of a teen drinking alcohol but would have grave repercussions. Let’s learn and spread the awareness regarding the facts about alcohol.
- If alcohol is consumed with food, it is absorbed more slowly because it spends a longer time in the stomach.
- Alcohol consumption is linked with bigger waists, because now the liver will burn the alcohol consumed instead of fat.
- Alcohol shrinks your brain.
- People with blue eyes are found to have higher alcohol tolerance.
- Though women absorb alcohol into the bloodstream faster than men but they metabolize it slower than them.
- Vomiting is a part of automatic defense system of the body. It is activated to prevent more alcohol from being absorbed.
- Dark colored beverages are more likely to cause hangover than the light colored ones.
- Women are at a greater risk for long term damage from alcohol than men.
- Europe has the highest average alcohol consumption in the world, followed by USA, and Africa.
- Brain stem is the last area of the brain that gets affected by alcohol. It controls involuntary reflexes like heart beat, breathing.
Read more: https://factsd.com/alcohol-facts/